Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One Year Already?

Holy smokes! Times does fly! Adam and I shared our first year anniversary on June 13th. I know I'm a little late but there is SOOOOO much to tell you about! Sorry I have been so behind AGAIN on keeping this thing updated... So first things first, decided to get a gift together instead of getting each other something... so we got a Wii! :)Adam was in charge of our anniversary this year and he did an amazing job planning the whole thing... with a little help :) Most of if was a surprise but the camping part the first night I played a little part in to make sure everything we needed was present and accounted for. We headed up to McCall and spent the first night in Ponderosa State Park. Which, might I add, is my FAVORITE place to camp ever! But we had fun setting up our little site and strolling around down by the lake. We ran into town to get some last minute supplies at good old Paul's Grocery... and where I may have secretly vandalized the store but on ACCIDENT of course. As we were getting our ducks in a row, I spotted one of the most crucial tools needed for any experienced campers collection- roasting sticks! So I quickly grabbed two of them and due to my happy-go-lucky mood at that moment I started to have a sword fight with an invisible opponent. (And for the record these sticks were not sharp in the end, but flat and evenly cut.) Well, one thing lead to another and as we were cruising down the soda pop isle I spotted a big old carton of root beer needing to be taught a lesson! I screamed, "ON GUARD" and took a poke at the plastic holding all the cans in their place and misjudged my strength. Because I stabbed right into some poor can and soda started spraying EVERYWHERE! I just laughed with embarrassment and headed straight to the check stand to get the heck outta there! Adam just laughed at me.We started dinner later that night and gave up just as quickly as we started and decided pizza was a much better alternative. :) That next morning though, we had the best breakfast ever! Hot fresh straight off the fire. Yum! That morning we met Jeff, our entertaining little squirrel who I ended up feeding right out of my hand; apparently he had a thing for graham crackers. But that afternoon we spent running around, enjoying ourselves and splashing around in the Gold Fork hot springs.That evening was the surprise part. Adam had booked the Rose Room Suite at the Ashley Inn in Cascade. We got all checked in and headed up to shower and check out the room. It was nice, BUT I will say that for a ROSE room I expected REAL flowers, but instead we got FAKE roses. Unimpressed. Let me tell you I was just swept off my feet after brushing those artificial rose pedals off of my bed... NOT! :/ But other than that, I will say the room was quite luxurious. Great view and AMAZING bathroom complete with a gigantic jacuzzi tub with a fireplace and huge shower! -Can't wait to have a one of those.I have always wanted to go see a movie in the old Roxy theater in Cascade so Adam did just that. And the rest of the evening was spent just the two of us. We had a lot to celebrate besides our one year so it made it an even better weekend than we could have hoped for. I love you, Adam. Thanks for an amazing anniversary! I look forward to many more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment